Subject: [Leica] Re: LUG Hong Kong Dinner
From: Cummer Family <cummer@asiaonline.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2000 16:05:36 +0800

Hello LUGGERS,
Well, we had a good time - again. Peter Choy, organizer of the recent SF
LUG dinner, came with his son James and daughter Celia, bearing samples of
Tom A's new handgrip which was admired and tried by all. Several glasses
were raised to absent friends, including Tom, and an extra toast was drunk
to wish Tom A a happy birthday and I read Tom A's emailed reply. This time
there were more R users than usual - so Jim Nelon didn't feel so lonely!
Jim brought the copy of Leica Fotographie which featured his work and
Richard Lau passed around his shots from Yosemite Park enlarged to 16 X 20.
The lens of choice for both Jim and Richard seemed to be the 135 F2.8. My
son Russell joined together with two of my daughters, Jenny and Katie, and
that helped to keep James and Celia from being bored. Benny Cheung and Ken
Lam showed up, along with Joseph Yao and Sarah and their friend Tonya.
Joseph had his lovely grey paint M2 with him. Wendy Chan, camera store
owner, was there and told me the Konica Hexar RF is now down to less than
HK$11,000 as a kit. It was over HK$14,000 when first issued. Andrew Chow
and I discussed the merits of various 50mm lens - he has just ordered a
summarit which I really love. We also talked Bessa Rs and (what else)
rangefinder accuracy! Ray Tai came, with Richard Lau and Health Tam, and we
talked about Rolleis (quietly in the corner and not for long) and buying
and selling on *bay. In sum, wish you all could have been here, we are
(dare I say modestly) an interesting and diverse group of people united by
Leica and the LUG. Someone even talked about how we all would never have
met without the communication of email. Ain't progress wonderful.
Cheers
Howard.