Subject: Re: [Leica] Portraiture by window light
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2000 08:21:59 -0700

Dan Post wrote:

> Ted-
> Here is an example taken with a 1937 uncoated Elmar mounted on a IIIa,
> northern light and no fill!
> Even a slow lens works with a good window!
> http://home.triad.rr.com/leicapage/images/suzy3.jpg

Hi Dan,
Very nice!  And in the true mark of a "Real Photographer" ;-)   Shot in
B&W! :-)

My earlier question regarding window light portraiture was to learn what
technique each of us use while doing this kind of simple Leica
photography using available existing light.

Wonderful responses by many illustrating a number of folks do this
without any fuss or long term setting up lights, back drops and other
paraphernalia to achieve beautiful photographs in true "KISS" fashion,
"Keep it simple stupid!"  Of which yours so nicely illustrates. (Sorry
Dan not implying your stupid!)  :-)

One of the September Leica Seminar presentations is just this topic.
"Portraits by Window Light" so the lads and lasses of the LUG confirmed
it will be an interesting subject to present.  As Sandy Carter my
associate and I have produced a number of images to compliment my
existing slides from assignments of the past.

Thanks to everyone who contributed to this topic, very much appreciated.
 And to those LUG members attending, I believe you'll be pleasantly
surprised at the results and what we achieved with the simplest of technique..
ted

Message from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] Portraiture without the blinding flash.)
Message from "Dan Post" <dpost@triad.rr.com> (Re: [Leica] Portraiture without the blinding flash.)