Subject: Re: [Leica] R8 Question now R6
From: "Bill Larsen" <ohlen@sierratel.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2000 17:24:19 -0700

Telyt 560 aka the Sacto Birdman writes:

|The R6 is a decent camera.  The R6.2 goes a little better
with a faster maximum shutter speed (1/2000) and a quieter
shutter.  I don't recall whether the R6 has a mirror
pre-release but the R6.2 does.  The battery powers the meter
and self-timer.  It has TTL flash capability.

|Lenses around 200mm would be a 180 in the Leica-R line.
>>>snip<<<

I backed into the R system having started with an M3 and
Viso III with accessories.  A bunch of things came together
and I ended up with an R6 (yes, it has a mirror pre-release)
a bunch of R lenses and an adapter to use all of the Viso
goodies I had.  For the 200 mm, I am still using a four
element f/4 Telyt V.  On the Bellows II, I use the head from
either my 50/2 Summicron or the 90/4 Elmar.  Macro
photography without having to calculate effective aperture
is a real blast!!!

I like being able to integrate aspects of the M and R
systems that I personally prefer.

Oh and the previous Minolta MC and MR system is still being
kicked around in Humboldt County, CA.

Of course, the past month or so of LUG postings could have
convinced me that I need to sell the whole shebang and buy
another brand.  To bad I don't have time since I am using my
spare time to take pictures.

Bill Larsen, from the California's heartland.