Subject: [Leica] Whiter than white!
From: Bryant <tbryant@wizard.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2000 13:16:43 +0000 ()

Hi Luggers,

Gary Elshaw requests that I send this along to you:

> You should send the suggestion of the titanium dioxide into the LUG.
> It'd be interesting just to see who the truly perfectionist are! I
> can see them all running to the hardware store now. "Shopkeep, i want
> summa that titanium oxide paint to match my titanium Leica. Do y'know
> where i can find some ostrich skin to trim my reflector with?"

A NASA engineer once told me that titanium dioxide based white paint was the
most highly reflective paint in the know universe for the visible spectrum.
For the ultimate in shadow-fill reflectors, it should be coated with that
material.

(Now we gotta find that titanium outrich!)

Tom