Subject: Re: [Leica] Tri-Elmar Questions
From: John Collier <jbcollier@home.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2000 08:48:28 -0600

Try this site for a good review of the lens:

http://www.imx.nl/photosite/leica/leicahome.html

You can also search the archives for all the previously posted gems of
wisdom on this lens that you missed:

http://mejac.palo-alto.ca.us/leica-users/

My poor recollection what was mentioned about the lens was that it is an
excellent performer with the main limitation being its slow initial
aperture. The mechanics have come in for some criticism with regard to the
lens not quite activating the correct frameline on some lens/body
combinations. Finally there is no extra lens hood available; the front
element varies its position in the mount so that the mount functions as a
lens hood.

Oops! If you go to:

http://www.leica-camera.com/markt/bibliothek/produktinfos/msystem/index_e.ht
ml

You can download a PDF from Leica on the lens. You may have to cut and paste
the URL as it is a long one.

Cheers

John

PS: Do not forget that the new redesigned lens may result in much lower
prices for the old lens and that they must be redesigning it for a reason!