Subject: Re: [Leica] white dot and metering
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2000 08:52:12 -0700

Paul Chefurka wrote:

> And what, pray tell, is so wrong with curiosity, Ted?  Isn't a healthy
> interest in the workings of the world (and even its light meters) one of a
> photographer's greatest assets?<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Paul,
Not a thing wrong with it, certainly the "workings of the world."  But
I'm amazed at what appears to be a lot of time beating gums over a
nothing topic. As where is the metering taking place etc.

Wouldn't it be much easier if one person posted the question to Leica
technical people, get what the tech answer is to all the questions in
one shot, then people can get out and shoot not concerning themselves
where the meter reads.

I come back to my original question:

If so, who the hell cares how it works and why! <<<<<<<<<<

I suppose it's intriguing to know, but is it so pressing that we see
such a number of questions and answers that really only take -up ones
time posting? Rather than enjoying the fun of taking pictures?

Hey run with it guys, no problem,  as I've been deleting them since
reading the first one. Until I thought "I suppose I should see what the
hell this is about"  When it appeared as a topic for so long.

But then I suppose knowing what and why makes some folks feel better.
Me, I rarely want to know that stuff as I'm a photographer using a tool
and as long as it does what it's supposed to do, I don't really need to
know how and why. It's like, "keep it simple in life!" :-)
ted