Subject: RE: [Leica]Rubber eye-cup?
From: Paul Chefurka <Paul_Chefurka@pmc-sierra.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2000 17:43:41 -0700

> From: Ted Grant [mailto:tedgrant@home.com]
>
> Dan Cardish wrote:
> >
> > I am convinced that the rubber eye cup on my SLR allows me
> to shoot hand
> > held at a 1-stop slower shutter speed than would otherwise
> be possible.<<<<<<<<<<<
>
> Hi Dan,
>
> Do you wear glasses?
>
> I've thought about rubber eye cups for the R8's as quite often in the
> manner I shoot I have Sandy shading my left eye from the sun so I can
> see into the viewfinder. Do the eye cups shield the eye sufficiently
> when you wear glasses, if you do?
> ted

Rubber eye-cups and glasses are a no-go combo as far as I'm concerned.  The
main problem is they set your eye out even farther from the finder, and
really don't block much of the stray light that finds its way in behind your
glasses.   Eye-cups only work for those with perfect vision or contact
lenses.

Paul

Replies: Reply from Ted Grant <tedgrant@home.com> (Re: [Leica]Rubber eye-cup?)