Subject: [Leica] R8 - tougher than it looks?
From: Gerry Walden <gerrywalden@cwcom.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2000 05:52:38 +0100

Whilst photographing  this week, I tripped up a step and stumbled.   My R8
with motor drive fell from my shoulder and crashed onto a concrete path.
I picked it up with my heart in my mouth, but there was not even a mark on
it, and I was able to carry on working with no problem at
all.   Fortunately there was a tripod mounting plate (Gitzo) on the base
and I think it landed on that which took the fall, but I at least expected
the mirror to break or something similar.   It was fitted with the 19mm
lens which is quite a heavy beast, and even this came out of it totally
unscathed.

Lucky or what!?

Gerry