Subject: Re: [Leica] Bokeh vs. Nokeh
From: "Bob Walkden" <bobwalkden@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2000 11:22:07 BST

Hi,

in British English the word 'nukeh' (pron. nooky) is widely used in low-brow
television programs of the unfunny comedy, or untroubling quiz-show type. It
denotes the sexual act in a comforting, Eric Gill seaside postcard, 'Carry
On...' film sort of way. Trying to squeeze a laugh out of the word generally
indicates a poorly developed sense of humour. I believe NOOKY is also the
name of an obscure Leica accessory of some sort, probably so-named by a
disaffected English employee.

Although my girlfriend insists that actually size doesn't matter, I have the
rather troubling suspicion that only really, really long lenses are capable
of giving good nukeh.

Cheers,

Bob