Subject: Re: [Leica] Bokeh vs. Nukeh
From: "Lin, Weifu" <wflin@tp.silkera.net>
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2000 17:28:21 +0800

Mikiro wroteˇG
> Thank you for providing a provocative definition of "nokeh", which is
> non-existent in Japanese.  One sometimes uses a word "nukeh" which literally
> means penetrance.  "This image (or a lens) has good nukeh."  It means that
> the image is clear without any veiling stuff.
>
> Bokeh or nukeh or whatever is just a common word used in daily conversation.
> There is no connotation or implication for the secret of photography.
>
> MIKIRO

Hi Mikoro san,

Thank you for your interpretation of nukeh. It pronounce more precisely
than
"nokeh". Sorry for the wrong spelling...:)

I purchase Japanese Photographic magazines such as Nippon Camera, Asahi
Camera.
They sometimes use nukeh and bokeh to discribe the characters of an
lens.
This is why I would like to know what they're trying to express.

Best Regards,

Weifu