Subject: [Leica] CL Jammed
From: "Edmund-Tan Ann-Wen" <r40248@email.sps.mot.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2000 18:47:54 +0800

Hi Folks,

I am presently in Japan (Sendai,Miyake) and a few hours ago my Leica CL jammed.

It happened after I rewound a roll of film. Now the advance level is stuck and
the shutter will not fire. I've carefully looked at it, and it seems that the
small 'plug' at the bottom of the body (which you press to before re-winding
film) is constantly in the 'down' position. Normally this 'plug' should be
released after the film has been removed, but not this time. I suspect it is
this that stops the advance lever from being used. I also noticed a small
switch at the right slot (when seen from the bottom), this switch moves when
the 'back' is opened.

OK, any suggestions on solving my problem without sending in the camera to a
repair person?

Thanks,