Subject: Re: [Leica] Bokeh Nokeh
From: "Steve LeHuray" <icommag@toad.net>
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2000 11:06:59 -0400

> Fellow Leicaists,
> Why all this BS about bokeh nokeh. Why not speak English. We're not in
> the Orient. Do you seriously think the great Leica, Hassleblad, Nikon
> photographers who created so many of the well known masterpieces ever
> gave a crap about bokeh nokeh etc.? I can't imagine the legendary Henri
> Cartier-Bresson even giving a thought to it. Forget all this little
> detail s*** and use the camera for what it's intended for - taking
> photographs. I read somewhere that the great Eisenstadt did a little
> lens testing; found what he liked, and then used it. The KISS principle
> applies here - keep it simple, stupid. So, if you want to drum me out of
> the corps, no problemo.
> Kurt
> Ann Arbor

Kurt,

This leads me to wonder if you even know that none of those great cameras
you mention were made in a English speaking country? And do you know that
neither Cartier-Bresson or Eisenstadt have English as a first language?
While bokeh is not everybodies cup of tea many Westerners now practice this
technique which was developed by the Japanese, originators of world class
camera systems and photographs.

Seems to me you could be using your delete button if you do not like the
subject matter, rather than insulting a whole continent.

And, I would not "drum you out of the corps," but if you decide to leave,
see ya later.

Steve
Annapolis