Subject: [Leica] Re: Hexar Heart Stoppage
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2000 09:33:20 -0700

At 02:59 PM 8/25/00 -0700, Robert Jagitsch wrote:
>I just acquired a Hexar RF, and after completing the first roll and
>during a walk back to my car, the lens fell off, landing on the
>asphalt. I had a DR Summicron attached. Left two small nicks and
>crunched the filter (I'm glad I had that insurance policy in effect.)
>But otherwise no ill effects.
>
>After searching for the cause, it seems the lens release button on
>the Hexar needs a lot less pressure to release, and there is no guard
>around the button.
>
>Has anyone with an RF seen something similar before? I know I'm going
>to be paranoid from now on, double checking that the button hasn't
>been pressed. Any way to adjust it so it takes significantly more
>pressure before releasing?
>
>-R

Since it is the great protector of all things photographic, I think the
answer is to glue a UV filter over the release button. Your lens will never
come off again. Your heart will be safe.

Jim

Message from "Steve LeHuray" <icommag@toad.net> (Re: [Leica] Hektor infos needed)
Message from "Patrick R. McKee" <prm@americom.net> ([Leica] Re: FS Friday)
Message from "Patrick R. McKee" <prm@americom.net> (Re: [Leica] Re: FS Friday)