Subject: Re: [Leica] It has been asked a million times Focusing Infrared Film with a M6
From: Guy Bennett <guybnt@idt.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2000 10:32:11 +0100

> I am sure that this topic has been hit a million times. I looked in the
>archives and  only found sketchy information.
>1. What is the procedure in focusing Infrared Film using a M6TTL.
>2.  IS there a problem with infrared leaks with the cloth curtain?
>3. Must I forfeit and just shoot at at small apertures?
>Thank you for the information in advance?

answers for questions 1 and 3:

1. try rating the film at 200, set shutter speed at 1/125, aperature at 11,
and focus at hyperfocal distance. shoot without any further focusing.

3. try this with a 50mm lens at any aperature: focus normally. note
distance to subject as registered on the lens. realign that distance with
the 5.6 marker on the left of the lens. shoot.

guy