Subject: Re: [Leica] Televid 20x-60x eyepiece
From: "David W. Almy" <dalmy@mindspring.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2000 19:39:02 -0400

Roy,

I am a very lucky owner of the new 20-60, as well as the 32x and an Apo
Televid to mount them on. All three pieces are phenomenal.

The zoom, which I've read is the most popular eyepiece for the Televid,
is interesting, in that the apparent viewing image is smallest and
brightest at the 20x setting, while at its largest/closest and dimmest
at the 60x setting. You must be careful (at least with my sample)
turning the zoom ring, which is stiff, as you can unbayonet the eyepiece
if you are not careful while turning the zoom ring.

The optical performance of both eyepieces at any setting/distance is
stunning.

If you can find any use for a spotting scope, buy an Apo-Televid and the
new zoom. You will see things you've never seen before. Fun. Fun. Fun.

David W. Almy
Annapolis