Subject: Re: [Leica] Bokeh vs. Nukeh
From: Krechtz@aol.com
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2000 10:40:16 EDT

In a message dated 8/28/00 11:45:06 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
apbbeijing@yahoo.com writes:

<< These are conditions best judged in a reflex finder in the first
 place  >>

I have used SLR's for decades, and I have never seen a precise corollation
between depth of field as it appears on a focusing screen and what appears on
the film.  It is at best an approximation.  As to the specific appearance of
out of focus areas, with the possible exception of such brutally obvious
phenomena as mirror lens "doughnuts" and blinding flare, I have seen little
or no visual connection.
Have I been overlooking the obvious all these years, or does the writer see
something unmeasurable, not quite definable but definitely present on the
focusing screen that is not appreciated by the undersigned?

Joe Sobel