Subject: [Leica] Re: Bokeh vs. Nukeh, WYSIWYG
From: Jim Brick <jim_brick@agilent.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2000 08:20:36 -0700

What you see on the ground glass of an SLR, as long as you push or hold the
preview button or lever (looking at the GG while at shooting aperture) is
exactly what you will get on film. If you do not view "stopped down",
well... you are looking at the GG while the lens is wide open but
photographing at a stopped down aperture. Which would explain why what you
see is NOT what you get.

DOF preview is intended for just that. Checking DOF and making sure what
you want in focus IS in focus and what you want out of focus IS out of
focus. It works. I've been using it on 35mm SLR's and view cameras since
1959 and on Hasselblads since 1962. This is how these cameras work. What
can I say. The professional photographic industry is based on this fact and
principal.

Used properly, WYSIWYG. Exactly.

Jim