Subject: Re: [Leica] Bokeh vs. Nukeh
From: Krechtz@aol.com
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2000 11:34:53 EDT

In a message dated 8/29/00 2:34:30 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
apbbeijing@yahoo.com writes:

<< I buy lenses based upon the specs I need (focal length, aperture and in
 focus imaging qualities mostly) and keep lenses I like but it takes a while
 to get to know them through use and that is time and effort valuably spent
 for which there is no effective alternative IME: in any case it is fun
 getting to know these lenses through use so why forgo the pleasure? Or do
 you see things differently after your Hexar experience? In any case it would
 seem to support my argument that the simplistic assessments in magazine
 articles (even by Mike Johnston) are no substitute for first hand experience
 (either your work or your viewing someone else's up close).

 Like Ted I have found that just getting and using Leica lenses is all the
 evaluation you need: not many duds in this lineup. And the great thing is
 that if you feel one is not right for you it is not hard to sell it on for a
 good price. Try that with EOS lenses... >>

Adrian,

My experience as well, I assure you.  Both before and since the Hexar, I have
gotten a hold of a number of 35's, new, old and in-between, just for the
purpose of exploring both their repuations and their potential for prolonged
use.  The list has grown long enough to have become something of an
embarrassment.  My favorites are all Leica lenses.  End of story.  So, what's
hot in single malts?

Joe