Subject: [Leica] Photo Odyssey
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2000 12:30:51 -0700

Yesterday Lugnut Byron Rakitzis, in from San Francisco and myself took the bus
to in SE Portland Mt. Tabor, a volcano I guess (caution lava crossing) and
climbed it.
It had stairs. A few hundred.
Byrons camera weighs about 10 pounds more than mine but I weight about 75 pounds
more than Byron!
Instead of our Leica's we brought larger cameras and our Gitzo tripods with high
tech ball heads.
Byrons is an Arca Swiss, mine a Gitzo Magnesium Centre Ball Head.
But Byron had in his backpack a Linhof Master Technika and some choice glass!
I had a Rolleiflex 2.8F. We were both shooting Delta 100 primarily.
Mt. Tabor was boring,
	the reservoirs with the medieval castle were boring
		but the 60 block walk back into town had many adventures. We got lots of shots!
We walked into town on Hawthorn street. Lots of nice pealing paint and shop
windows and some interesting people. It took the whole afternoon.

As we started going over the Hawthorn Bridge into downtown Portland. I fell off
the raised sidewalk on my back into the street into traffic. Got all bloody. My
Lens hood absorbed most of the impact of the camera and is probably in need of
replacement. My cable release had it's sheath scraped off but works perfectly still.
We climb on the bus back to NY Portland with all the other commuters at 5 PM and
my wife Karen and I was quite a sight!

Byron is now driving back to San Fran shooting the coast with his Linhof no doubt!
Mark William Rabiner

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> ([Leica] Crisis of Con$cience)