Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Re: Bokeh vs. Nukeh, WYSIWYG
From: John Collier <jbcollier@home.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2000 16:56:54 -0600

It is not to see what is in sharp focus, but to judge the effects of
different apertures on the immediate out of focus areas. Sometimes you are
trying to just retain the "shape" of the nearly in focus object; a
"suggestion" more than a statement. It is how out of focus the immediate
fore and backgrounds are. Photographing in a forest, field or your front
flower bed would be good examples. You isolate your main subject and then
play with the aperture ring until you get the out of focus subjects in the
right balance. Foe this the D.O.F. is invaluable.

John Collier