Subject: Re: [Leica] Need some advice
From: John Brownlow <john@pinkheadedbug.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2000 14:51:41 -0400

on 30/8/00 2:42 pm, Ted Grant at tedgrant@home.com wrote:

> But I inadvertently popped it against the other 2 M4's I had hung around
> my neck while running and the "Midland made" never saw the inside of a
> Leica box ever again! :-) Big deal, as I'm a user not an investment
> broker. ;-)  However, I understand today it would be worth many a
> "Canadian Loonie!"  For those not familiar with Canadian currency the
> "LOONIE" is a one dollar value coin named after the Canadian bird, the
> Loon!
>
> Some how, maybe it was me that should have been called a "loonie!" ;-)

I just sold my cosmetically very nice M2 for exactly this reason! Every time
I went out with it I was scared to death of scratching it. I traded it for a
mechanically *perfect* M4-2 which is around Exc+ I guess and was a few
hundred loonies less. I'm very happy... both my cameras now load the same
way and they match, too.

- --
Johnny Deadman

http://www.pinkheadedbug.com