Subject: Re: [Leica] 24mm Finder with 21mm Elmarit
From: apbbeijing <apbbeijing@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 11:31:47 +0800

on 31/8/00 9:19 AM, Ken Lai at ken@compose.com.hk wrote:

> Has anyone used the 24mm finder with the 21mm Elmarit? Does it cover enough
> of the 21mm view at infinity and at 2 meters? I have the 24mm lens and
> finder already but is thinking of getting the 21 as well but (i) I do not
> want to spend 300 dollars on another finder and (ii) I don't want to keep
> swapping finders.

The 21 and 24 finders are optically identical but the framelines are smaller
on the 24: the whole view is the same on both. If you take a quick look at a
21 you will see and should be able to visualise the different framelines. In
practice you may however confuse which lens you are using if shooting
quickly but it is at least better to frame too loosely with the 24 finder
and a 21 lens than the other way around...

Rs

Adrian

- --
Adrian Bradshaw
Corporate and Editorial Photography
Beijing, China
tel/fax +86 10 6532 5112
mobile +86 139 108 22292
e-mail apbbeijing@yahoo.com
OR adrianpeterbradshaw@compuserve.com

website:   http://www.apbphoto.com

Please note my new mobile number (as of August 1st)