Subject: Re: [Leica] New Leicas
From: John Coan <jcoan@alumni.duke.edu>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 09:23:39 -0400

The first camera I ever owned that I could set the aperture, shutter,
and focus on (all manually and no meter) was an Olympus Pen.  I still
have it.  I liked half frame stuff OK, but was proud to go to full frame
35.

Now, as for APS ... I was waiting for the market to collapse.  I see no
benefit and never intend to own one.  I hated it when they were
released, thinking they might make 35mm suffer.  Glad they flopped.
Smaller negatives are not the way to better pictures.  And I was
thinking of 110 and Disc...

Perhaps Leica thinks APS will succeed.  I am surprised they invested in
development costs for this.

Message from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] New Leicas)