Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: The art of the blanket cake eating statement...
From: Thomas Kachadurian <tom@kachadurian.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 09:19:35 -0400

Pete:

Not to take sides here, but I'm no dillatante, and I never use the
DOF preview on 35mm cameras. MY work relies heavily on using DOF
properly. I make most of my photographs with Leica M cameras and
Mamiya 6 cameras. I can look at a photograph and know where I need to
place the focus and what f-stop to use the get the result I want.

DOF on the ground glass is a different animal, because you can alter
the plane of focus, and because the ground glass can be closely
checked with a loupe.

More importantly, It's pretty easy to learn and know the DOF
characteristics of your lenses.

Tom