Subject: Re: [Leica] tripod
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 12:57:16 -0700

Thomas Kachadurian wrote:

> Luggers:
>
> I have used the Bogen/Manfrotto Carbon One Tripod for about 6 months.
> With a Arca-Swiss B1 ball head it is light and very quick to use. I
> have 4 tripods, and the other three have sat unused since I bought
> the Carbon One.
>
> Tom

By the way if you want your 4 pound Gitzo to be one pound lighter which is what
the carbon does there is a cheap and dirty way to do it.
Replace the telescoping center post with a short or non post.
This takes a pound off the tripod.
And you don't want to raise the centerpost anyway except for dire emergencies IMO.
The camera is so much studier ON the platform.
Mark William Rabiner

Message from Thomas Kachadurian <tom@kachadurian.com> (Re: [Leica] tripod)