Subject: [Leica] M6 TTL .58
From: LEICAMAN56@aol.com
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 23:58:11 EDT

There is an embargo on releasing details of the new Photokina products from
Leica before the week of the show.
I will say that the .58 camera does not include framelines for the 21, 24 or
135!  The new finder is all about greater eye relief for myopic Leica users.
Think of it as the high eyepoint M.
As for the rumor from the anonymous Leica rep about the electronic DOF
facility of the .58, either he's on drugs or had a very heavy liquid lunch.
This is deliberate disinformation.  The finder is the same mechanically as
the other two TTL models.
I have held the camera in my hands, played with it and studied it very
carefully.
But, what the hell, rumors are more fun anyway!
Please resume conjecture mode.

Bill Rosauer