Subject: [Leica] Re: it's a shame
From: Jim Brick <jim_brick@agilent.com>
Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2000 15:15:43 -0700

Hi Guido,

I agree with you. But it will be a v-e-r-y long time before Leica will
enter the digital market with the M & R platforms, if ever.

It is very complex and costly. I'm in the middle of the digital engineering
world and high resolution (being able to utilize Leica lens attributes,)
and low cost, are still only dreams.

Leica will continue to re-badge Fuji, or some other brand, to keep the
Leica name associated with digital.

Leica will continue to make film cameras for a long long time.

But APS? Yuck! Must be a re-badged P&S. but still... why bother.

Jim

Replies: Reply from Jeff Moore <jbm@oven.com> ([Leica] Re: it's a shame)
Reply from Rick Dykstra <rdandcb@cybermac.com.au> (Re: [Leica] Re: it's a shame)