Subject: Re: [Leica] Black and White Film//Nachtwey//Rapidwinder
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Sat, 02 Sep 2000 11:27:09 +0200

Hi Mark and welcome,

You will get many answers to this question. My preferences (which are shared by
quite a few LUGgers) are:

Delta 100 in XTOL 1:3 or Ilfotec DD-X 1:9
Delta 400 in XTOL 1:1 or Ilfotec DD-X 1:4
Delta 3200 (rated 1200-1600) in XTOL stock or Ilfotec DD-X 1:4

You will have to determine your own time/temperature preferences. I have found
that the times given by Kodak and Ilford are a good starting point for D100 and
D400 but result in underdevelopment for D3200. For that one, try XTOL stock for
6.5-7 mins. at 20C.

All of this also hints at the next recommendation: do it yourself! One of the joys
of B&W is that you can exercise ultimate control and do not have to rely on
someone else caring about your film as much as you do.

Nathan

MTomalty@aol.com wrote:

> Hi Guys/Gals
>
> Anyone willing to share any preferences on a really nice Black and White film
> and Developer combo. SNIP

- --
Nathan Wajsman
Herrliberg (ZH), Switzerland