Subject: RE: [Leica] 2/35mm Cannon LTM
From: Jem Kime <jem.kime@cwcom.net>
Date: Sat, 2 Sep 2000 22:35:22 +0100

Today I found out there is a firm called Cannon involved in the photo
industry. I visited Cooke Optics, which were previously part of Taylor
Taylor Hobson and still produce the most desirable cine lenses in
Hollywood, more revered than Panavision or even Leitz.
They are a small firm with many similarities to Leica and have lenses
costing between 6 and 28 thousand pounds each....
They make the lenses, the supplier of the metal mounts is called Cannon (of
Mansfield, for our UK residents) and the product is so hand made that each
mount is engraved for focus distance AFTER the lens is made and calibrated!
An absolutely fascinating place...
Jem