Subject: Re: [Leica] 2/35mm Cannon LTM
From: Krechtz@aol.com
Date: Sun, 3 Sep 2000 12:47:32 EDT

In a message dated 9/3/00 1:12:35 AM Eastern Daylight Time, roland@dnai.com
writes:

<< How do you compare the Canon 35mm f1.5 with the 35mm Canon f2?

I owned and sold that lens too long ago to be able to provide much meaningful
detail.  I sold it mainly because I had too much of that kind of equipment
and sold all 35's but the Canon f/2 for use with my L-1, and a Summicron RF
for my M3.
However, I believe that a general parallel can be drawn between the Canon and
Leitz lenses of that period, in evaluating the relative performance levels of
the 35/1.4's and 35/2's.  For the kind of photography I was then doing with
RF cameras, f/2 was fast enough, or I probably would have kept the 1.5, at
least a bit longer.
I have not seen a Canon 35/1.5 for sale for quite a while, so I do not know
current market value.  The problem is that it was a low-production item, so
it is fodder for collectors.

Joe Sobel

Joe Sobel