Subject: [Leica] Bank account gone - seems like it is worth it!!
From: "Richard W. Hemingway" <rheming@attglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 04 Sep 2000 16:34:22 -0500

Luggers,

Just got some prints back that I had taken with the M6 and 24/2.8, 35/1.4
ASPH and 90/2.0 APO.  Although I won't really know until I get the slides
back after our trip, it looks like all three are killer lenses.  The
portrait I took of my wife outside on the porch at f/2.0 was super.  That
is one sharp lenses, same may be said for the other two.  Hard to tell much
else about them from mostly inside at my wife's birthday party.  Through
the years I have had several 35/1.4 ASPH lenses, and not all were really
great.  When you get one keep it.  The last one I sold, silver-chrome, I
had bought used and it just didn't quite cut it.  It didn't seem to have
quite the sharpness and contrast that it should.  Didn't take slides as I
didn't think I would get them back before we left.  Everything seemed to
work just fine.

Still had the same  problem with flare in the VF.  Only strange thing that
happened was that one shot I took in a dark restaurant I couldn't see the
superimposed focusing in the rectangle.  I moved the lens back and forth
but never did see it, even on the bright golden necklace.  May have been
holding my finger over one of the windows.  All the other shots that I took
are smack on in focus.  I also played around with the camera trying to
replicate the situation.  Never could.

Take care,

Dick Hemingway
Plano, TX                It is supposed to be 112 F here today, it already
is 110 F