Subject: Re: [Leica] Optimal Portrait Lenses
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Sep 2000 17:02:30 -0700

John Coan wrote:

> Well, the Contax N1 is going to be a fantastic camera from what I've
> read.  I have a Contax 645 and it will have several of its features, and
> can use the 645 lenses in full automatic-all mode with an adaptor.  I
> also have an older Nikon 8008s and several lenses and appreciate its
> features too. But even the latest Nikon bodies don't have all the
> features the Contax will have.  I think the CZ lenses would also be
> better than most of the Nikon lenses -- but there aren't as many
> available.
>
> Switching systems is a painful experience, from what I've heard.  But I
> will be considering selling my Nikon stuff and going with the Contax N1
> at some point.  Would be interested in what you finally decide to do!
>
> Thomas Donovan wrote:
> >
> > Lugmates,
> >
><Snip>
Erwin hinted he will have a lot to say about this new system and I'm all ears.
My Nikon glass just sits there it just bores me.
The macro optics on this new system plus some of it's longer lenses like a 180
could get my attention.
But I could also easily just go Viso and skip the whole SLR even SLR-AF thing.
But now when some teen ager says "does it have a nice monitor?" we can say "yes!"
Leica R glass might be too rich for my blood.
Mark W. Rabiner
:)

Message from John Coan <jcoan@alumni.duke.edu> (Re: [Leica] Optimal Portrait Lenses)