Subject: Re: [Leica] Optimal Portrait Lenses
From: Thomas Donovan <75674.3465@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2000 22:05:12 -0400

Mrry33,

        >>Do you really think that autofocus is accurate?<<

A very good question; it's surely a debatable point;-)! However,
the newer AF systems offer the ability to AF & "tweak" with MF when
needed. Witness these features as written up on the Contax N1.

That's why I got the F100/85 1.8 combo; just to experiment with this
issue. It sure seems like I'm getting as accurate a focus with my F100
as I can get with my R7/R8 viewfinders.

However, when I have "a little more" time (key point ;-), focusing with
my R8 plain ground glass screen is "dead on" ;-)!

Tom D.