Subject: [Leica] Re: M6 made the day, even with no RapidWinder and no basket.
From: "Gary Todoroff" <datamaster@humboldt1.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2000 22:11:56 -0700

From: Jim Brick <
> Yesterday, much to my dismay, I had to attend a wedding.  .  .

Hey Jim, I just did the same thing a week ago - favors for family friends,
etc. I shot Kodak Portra VC, both 160 and 400. The family really liked the
50mm Summilux wide open shots at the indoor dance; lots of mood, motion and
expressions. The 400 does very well, even in fairly contrasty situations and
the lab did a nice job balancing whatever strange color light was in the
room.

Outdoor shots of the bride on the 160 speed had wonderful skin tones and
pure white dress, too. Some say to use the Portra NC for weddings, but the
VC gave some really nice color without going red in the skin tones or being
too contrasty either.  Of course, I avoided direct sunlight and used a
diffusing reflector on the occasional flash shot. But some candid shots in
sunlight weren't that bad either.

Sure was nice to just give it all to the local lab and stay out of my own
darkroom on this one.

Regards,
Gary Todoroff
Tree LUGger