Subject: Re: [Leica] M6 back removable??
From: chucko@siteconnect.com (Chuck Albertson)
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2000 13:51:59 -0700

Removing it facilitates servicing. I've seen factory techs take the back off
to run the thing on a shutter-speed checker. I've taken it off myself to
scrape out the remains of an ice cream bar that landed precisely on the
hinge--the hinge pins work the same as the pins that hold a watch band.

Chuck Albertson
Seattle, Wash.