Subject: Re: [Leica] How's your 50/2 M-Hexanon ?
From: Mikiro <arbos@silva.net>
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2000 10:11:01 +0200

William-

I have just shot several rolls with the Hexanon 50mm.  To my eyes, the
Hexanon has a bit milder look than the Summicron.

Asahi Camera Jan issue had a detailed technical report on the three Hexanon
lenses (resolution, MTF, real picture taking).  They conclude that the
Hexanon 50mm is in the same league with a Summicron (current version) with a
different character.  The H was a bit inferior to the S in the resolution
tests, was a bit superior to the S in "thier" MTF tests (at least in the
center), and gave milder bokeh in typical portrait settings.

This is compatible with my limited experience with the Hexanon and the
Summicron.

The test report also says  that a 28mm H (that can be called a clone of a
28mm Elmarit-M) was a bit better than a 28mm E and that a 90mm H was a bit
inferior to a 90mm Elmarit.

Cheers,

Mikiro