Subject: Re: [Leica] M4-P or M6
From: John Collier <jbcollier@home.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2000 07:15:09 -0600

The M4-P and the M6 are identical except for the meter and meter
accoutrements. The M3 weighs 565 gm, the M4-P (zinc composite top plate, the
earlier brass top plate cameras would be heavier) weighs 545 gm and the M6
weighs 560 gm. The early M6 has a rangefinder patch that flares if your eye
is not centred properly. While the early M4-P was much better in this
regard, I cannot say if the later ones were (they may have adopted the M6
finder). I think the crucial question is the built in meter. I have a M2 and
a M6TTL and, even with the finder flare, I much prefer the M6TTL as the
built in meter is a joy to use. I also find the three diodes of the M6TTL
metering display to be much easier to use than the two diode system of the
M6.

John Collier

Replies: Reply from Shel Belinkoff <belinkoff@earthlink.net> (Re: [Leica] M4-P or M6)