Subject: [Leica] Week 20
From: BOB KRAMER <BobKramer@COOPERCARRY.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2000 11:34:22 -0400

Greetings Luggers,

Here's another batch of photos taken while out and about, at the
conformation and obedience trials held a week ago last Saturday.  Some of
our friends were showing their dogs in the conformation ring, and one of our
friends was going for her dogs' final two legs in novice class obedience, so
we decided to head out to cheer them on.  I took my Nikon F3 and my M3 along
for the ride.  I was planning to mainly shoot with the M3, but needed to F3
so I would look like a *real* photographer.  Otherwise we would have had to
park in a satellite lot a half mile away instead of right at the venue. Of
course I could have taken our pup, Sprocket, and claimed we were competing,
but The Boy is still much too wild to bring out in polite company just yet
(for some reason many people seem a bit startled and taken back when a 75
pound Dobermann jumps up on them and licks them in the face... I don't know
why ;-) ).  Anyway, here's the link:

http://www.mindspring.com/~rnkramer/20.html

As you might imagine, the M3 was a pleasure to use, particularly along side
the Nikon.  So much easier to focus, and no loud shutter/meter slap to
startle the dogs which was important as many times I wanted to take several
shots before the dogs took notice of my presence.

Bob Kramer