Subject: [Leica] Leica NJ Service Kudos
From: "David E. Strang" <dstrang@up.net>
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2000 18:38:51 -0400

Hello:

I sent my R8, motor drive and winder in to NJ the 2 weeks ago. The R8 was
having trouble with the frame
spacing while using the motor drive. The winder also appeared to have the
same problem, but to a much
smaller degree. The R8 back LCD display would also get erratic after loading
film and the auto-load seemed
to fail at an alarming rate. On top of this, a 35mm f1.4-R lens, new out of
the box seemed to have uneven
focus friction (it would almost stivk in the mid range of focus) which made
it very difficult to use.

Well, Brenda, the head of the service department said that her R8 person was
on vacation until this  past Tuesday,
and it would be waiting for him.

Yesterday, I called Brenda to check the status and she said the R8 aned
drives had already been shipped and the lens
was in the process of shipping that day.

Hopefully, the R8 arrives by this Friday, but early next week is more likely
and the lens shortly thereafter.

The work was all covered by Passport and the turnaround superb. Nice job
Leica!

I don't expect this service everytime, but I appreciate it when it is!!

Regards,
Dave Strang
dstrang@up.net

PS: has anyone else had trouble with the 35mmf1.4-R lens??