Subject: Re: [Leica] Battery adapter wanted
From: Kip Babington <cbabing3@swbell.net>
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2000 21:30:32 -0500

David -

I've used the Wein substitute for the 625 successfully in a Nikon Photomic meter
prism and in a Rollei 35.  They drop right in, put out 1.35 volts, and (I
understand) have a relatively flat discharge curve like the originals.  Downside
is that they are activated by air (to start them up you peel off a protective
tape covering a tiny hole) and their life is affected by the humidity - the more
humidity, the longer the life.  But they're easy to use, and not all that
expensive.  I get mine at the local camera store.

Cheers,
Kip