Subject: [Leica] v35 for minox negs
From: Summicron1@aol.com
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2000 09:43:05 EDT

I suspect the V35 would be overkill, and wonder if it would go up high
enough.

I use a Focomat IC for my minox negs -- just lift it up higher. It doesn't
auto-focus then, but who cares? It does for 35 and if you buy one you'll
never need another enlarger.

As to neg carriers -- good luck. I talked to Leica a while ago about
Minox-size carriers which used to be on the catalog list and they said no
more, not even in the junk box over in the corner. I made one out of some
matt board which works fine and didn't cost nothing. All you need is a hole
slightly larger than the neg, a couple strips of paper taped across the edges
to hold the neg flat and keep the condensor off the surface of the neg to
prevent newton rings and you're in business.

charlie trentelman
ogden
utah