Subject: [Leica] Sherry Krauter and the CL
From: telyt560@cswebmail.com
Date: 7 Sep 2000 08:12:26 -0700

LUGgers,

I just got off the phone with Sherry Krauter of Golden Touch (914 496-8834) regarding a repair to my beloved black chrome SL.  She wanted everyone on the LUG to know how much she appreciates the referrals we've given her.

We talked of many things, Leica and non-Leica.  She really prefers talking over the phone to e-mails, and my hunch is she'd rather meet someone in person than anything else.

One of the things Sherry mentioned is that there are only 7 people fully trained to work on the Leica CL, Sherry one of them.  She could build one from loose parts.  According to Sherry, the CL has gotten a reputation among some people as unreliable; this is because the camera had been serviced by someone who was not trained to work on it.  She thinks it's a wonderful, very reliable camera.

BTW Golden Touch will be celebrating it's 25th aniversary next year.  She has a hard time believing it's been that long.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
Visit the Northwestern Alumni Association portal
page at http://www.nualumni.com  to get free
web-based e-mail and many other exciting features.

Replies: Reply from william@penbex.com.tw (William) (Re: [Leica] Sherry Krauter and the CL)