Subject: [Leica] Leica service again
From: Byron Rakitzis <leica@rakitzis.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2000 13:41:03 -0700

Hello everyone,

I don't know if you remember my desperate note of August 15th or so,
regarding overdue service on a Noctilux, but it's September 7th today
and the friendly UPS man just delivered a box with my lens (good as
new!) in it.

I wasn't expecting this to happen for at least another 6-8 weeks or so,
and I have to wonder if somebody back in Germany or NJ read my note on
the LUG, because I never in fact got around to writing a nastygram to
Leica management (it's not something I relish doing).

Whatever the reason, I'm thrilled to have this lens back. And just so my
wife doesn't know I'm crazy, I pointed to a couple of framed pictures
we have on the wall so that she knows WHICH lens I've been babbling
on about...

Byron.

PS I'm sure I'm not the only one to notice this, but results sure count
a lot with the wives.