Subject: RE: [Leica] IIIf's from Minox!!!?!!!!?!!
From: Paul Chefurka <Paul_Chefurka@pmc-sierra.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2000 06:22:43 -0700

>From: Photovilla@aol.com [mailto:Photovilla@aol.com]
[snip]

>Be suspicious of dealers who take orders that occur long
>before outfits such
>as Tamarkin, Sammy's Camera, Kurland Photo, B&H and myself
>start accepting
>money. There are reasons these reputable shops haven't started
>accepting
>orders...no one has any special "inside" track in getting
>these things first.
>This I am sure of...

Well rich, all I can say in defense of my local dealer (who is one of the
two pro dealers in Ottawa, and the only licensed Leica dealer) is that he
took the order only after checking with Lisle-Kelco, the Canadian Leica
distributor.  L-K said they had seen several samples of the lens, and were
officially taking orders.

Please don't slag off reputable, ethical dealers of whom you know nothing.
This isn't some guy selling Leicas out of his basement.

Paul