Subject: [Leica] "Minox" IIIF in Pop Photography a while back
From: "Birkey, Duane" <dbirkey@hcjb.org.ec>
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2000 08:24:13 -0500

This IIIF camera and the Nikon F were pictured in Popular Photography
sometime in early 2000...  (Jan, Feb, March?)   They also showed the
flash.....  They had a paragraph on it or so.

As Jim pointed out, the advance knob was huge compared to the rest of the
camera....  As I remember it seemed to double the height of the camera...
If it wasn't for that... it would be a cool little camera.

Duane

*************************************
Rich Wrote:

As far as the Minox IIIf, this is a 1:3 scale IIIf that shoots Minox film.
It
will be priced at about $400 and I hear we will see it very soon. It is in
fact made by a Japanese company as Jim Brick has said, but I don't think
that
was the name of the company in the Leica release to dealers. It is in fact a

camera...but not a 35mm one for sure! I would agree that it might be called
"toy" but a fun toy at that...

Really, I am not supposed to talk about it...but I figure some limited info.

is better than a lot of mis-info. I hope Leica agrees with me and I'm sure
I'll find out.