Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: LUGPhoto Quotes To Brighten Your Day
From: Krechtz@aol.com
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2000 15:37:40 EDT

robert.appleby@tin.it writes:

<< And if pictures really are the (or one of
 the) primary event-fixing medium in the popular consciousness, then it
 makes sense to me that the selectivity of what gets pictured very much
 determines what the past is. >>

If I recall correctly, she also raises questions about the impact of the
photographer's presence as a witness on the actions of the subjects,
suggesting the possibility that events sometimes occur which would not have
occurred in the absence of the photographer.

Joe Sobel