Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Re: Battery adapter wanted (became a long story)
From: John Coan <jcoan@alumni.duke.edu>
Date: Sat, 09 Sep 2000 11:08:02 -0400

I think what they should have done with the little button cells is to
ban new cameras and other devices that use them.  All the old cameras
would gradually fall into disuse and demand would decrease, but those of
us with Rollei 35s, or Minox 35s (both of which I have) could still use
the cameras.  What what I understand, there is no good alternative to
mercury batteries for metering applications because other types of cells
change voltage gradually.  This throws off the meter.  Mercury cells
offer full voltage until they are just about to expire, and then the
voltage falls off very quickly.

Message from Jim Brick <jim_brick@agilent.com> ([Leica] Re: Re: Battery adapter wanted (became a long story))
Message from khmiska <khmiska@umich.edu> (Re: [Leica] Re: Re: Battery adapter wanted (became a long story))