Subject: Re: [Leica] Using Kodachrome 64
From: chucko@siteconnect.com (Chuck Albertson)
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2000 08:20:13 -0700

I underexpose K64 (meter it at EI 80) when I'm shooting with a Nikon, to
punch up the colors and the contrast a bit. But I haven't found that to be a
good idea with my Leica lenses--at ISO 64, the color and contrast are just
to my liking. All of this depends on your personal tastes, as well as the
end use of the slide. If it's destined for a print, too much underexposure
will make the shadows go completely black in the print. But for projection,
underexposure works fine.

Chuck Albertson
Seattle, Wash.