Subject: [Leica] Steve McCurry
From: Doug Nygren <dnygr@cshore.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2000 21:15:53 -0400

Steve McCurry shoots with a Nikon F100.

If anyone has a chance to hear him talk about his new book, I recommend
they go. The book has some stunning photos. I was especially taken by
the cover photo taken from the inside of a cab. It is of a woman dressed
in red and her son, both of whom are touching the wet window of the cab.
The boy has the searching eyes that Steve so often captures in his
photos. The icey white of wet moist windows contrasts with the red of
the woman's dress and the tan of the pair's skin. Lighting on the faces
highlights the figures. The lighting is nearly Rembrandt in the woman's
face while the boy's is more direct.

Doug Nygren