Subject: [Leica] WHIZZZZ...............BANG!
From: MTomalty@aol.com
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2000 22:14:25 EDT

Hey Guys

After 2 weeks on the list I can clearly say "Leica M is a Religion" :>))
and we appear to be in  a Holy War.
The zeal each side uses to defend its position easily surpasses the
famed Nikon/Canon skirmishes of the '90's !!

In all seriousness I think,like it or not,Leica will have to make certain
changes(DIE HERETIC!!) to the M-system (more significant than the redesign
of a frameline or two) in order to remain viable in the near future.

Allow me a minute to prepare for the attack :>)

Not that they should eliminate a fully manual "thinking photogs" camera
but rather augment the system with a second body that offers the features
that would attract a new generation of Leica users,many of whom are
choosing other brands to get at these features.

As the proud owner of 3 whizzbang M6's I wouldn't hesitate to add some
form of automation to my system if it would facilitate shooting in certain
situations.

Sometimes change is good(O.K.,but probably not for your M's:>))
Mark T

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] WHIZZZZ...............BANG!)